Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

28,479 total conversations in 1,781 threads

+ New Thread


Cannot reply or comment

Last posted May 07, 2026 at 04:51AM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2026 at 07:10PM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

The comment box is there but I get an error when I try posting my comment. Also the reply button and like/dislike buttons are not appearing. I saw a thread similar to mind below but no useful replies. Is this because I'm in the UK?

Question: what waste webpage you tried to reply on?

Or, to be more specific

Were you on the main page for an entry/image/video, or were you on the page for a specific comment?

Jill wrote:

Question: what waste webpage you tried to reply on?

Or, to be more specific

Were you on the main page for an entry/image/video, or were you on the page for a specific comment?

Entry.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/cryana-twitch-chat-badge-controversy-pragmata

Contextual information of your post history shows that this was not on a page for a specific comment but on the main page. I've known about the issue of trying to post a reply to a specific comment on the page just showing the comment chain, but this being an issue on the main page of something as well is new.

The site seems to be going through a lot of difficulties at the moment. A lot of people are receiving messages that they are IP-banned, even people who never had an account, and mods who have been on the site for years. Not sure what the issue is.

Jill wrote:

Contextual information of your post history shows that this was not on a page for a specific comment but on the main page. I've known about the issue of trying to post a reply to a specific comment on the page just showing the comment chain, but this being an issue on the main page of something as well is new.

The site seems to be going through a lot of difficulties at the moment. A lot of people are receiving messages that they are IP-banned, even people who never had an account, and mods who have been on the site for years. Not sure what the issue is.

Well good to know I'm not the only one getting phantom IP bans. It tends to specifically happen when I try to comment, but the most recent one just outright denied me for the whole day the first time I tried to get on. Even did it on both desktop and mobile in the same day.
Do they even have people maintaining the website at this point? I'm not a highly experienced software engineer but I can tell some fucky stuff is going on that, in a normal situation, would be acknowledged and actively worked on by engineers. Here, though, it seems like no one's doing anything of the sort.

Weimario wrote:

Well good to know I'm not the only one getting phantom IP bans. It tends to specifically happen when I try to comment, but the most recent one just outright denied me for the whole day the first time I tried to get on. Even did it on both desktop and mobile in the same day.
Do they even have people maintaining the website at this point? I'm not a highly experienced software engineer but I can tell some fucky stuff is going on that, in a normal situation, would be acknowledged and actively worked on by engineers. Here, though, it seems like no one's doing anything of the sort.

I haven't visit KYM for while but when I load up the site, there was now Cloudflare checks, then weeks later my IP or the ISP/country (VN in my case) was blocked. Cloudflare WARP also doesn't work and I had to rely on Windscribe VPN to access KYM.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!